- This event has passed.
Free Mental Health Workshop Alert! “How to avoid loneliness and find connection as an (international) PhD candidate?”
21 September @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Free Mental Health Workshop Alert! “How to avoid loneliness and find connection as an (international) PhD candidate?”, 21 September @ 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Being an international PhD candidate, away from home, is a harsh reality sometimes: loneliness, homesickness, difficulty making friends, cultural differences. Plus, the stress about work and the concerns about the future seemed well-plugged-in in our mind.
Let’s meet and discuss:
* How do we avoid feeling lonely, lost and isolated as an international PhD candidate?
* How do we cope with loneliness, homesickness, nostalgia and with the distance from home, family and friends?
* How do we settle down and integrate in our new environment (city, work, etc.)?
* How do we (re)connect with others and create meaningful relationships with them?
* How do we deal with cultural differences?
Let’s talk about bringing more connection into our new reality!
You can register using the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/…/tZ0scOiurTgtG9NgbAlA2wb49DILV…
The workshop will be organized by Vassia Sarantopoulou. Vassia also facilitiated the two workshops LEO organized earlier this year.
Vassia Sarantopoulou is a psychologist, a trainer, a Mental Health Ambassador, and the proud founder and owner of AntiLoneliness, a company offering mental health services in The Netherlands and also worldwide. She is trained in (Group) Schema Therapy and Emotionally Focused Therapy, among other approaches (CBT, ACT, CFT), and she is a member of NIP (Dutch Institute for Psychologists).
Facebook: The Anti-loneliness Project
LinkedIn: Vassia Sarantopoulou, LinkedIn Company Page: The Anti-Loneliness Project